Even during the best economic times, adults without a high school diploma struggle to achieve success and financial stability.
Register for this 45-minute webinar to learn how your library can offer a path to a brighter future by graduating adults through Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School.
Our panelists will share why they chose the program—how it aligns with their library’s mission, outcomes achieved, and how community partnerships can play a role. They will also give insight into day-to-day program operations and reveal how Excel Adult High School has impacted the lives of their students and graduates.
Meet our panelists:
• Gianna Gifford, Chief of Adult Library Services, Boston Public Library
• DeAun Ivester, Library Director, Elk City Carnegie Library
• Ashley Welke, Director of Community Engagement & Learning, Pioneer Library System
Amanda Winchel, national sales director of strategic initiatives from Gale, will discuss program basics, including resources to support student recruitment and tools for program success.
Excel Adult High School is a 100 percent online, accredited diploma program that offers students a flexible, self-paced 21.5-credit curriculum that prepares them for college or the workplace. It can be completed in 24 months or sooner with transfer credits from previous high school(s) and passed portions of the GED®, HiSET®, and TASC exams.
Program features that drive student success:
• Unlimited one-on-one tutoring sessions and support from success coaches
• Course translation and read-aloud tools for English language learners
• 21 free college credits through ACE (American Council on Education) courses
Can’t make the date? No problem! Register now and you will receive an email post-event with the URL to access the on-demand recording at your convenience.